Returns and Exchanges
- We process all of our returns as exchanges. You can exchange for a different size or receive store credit. Wondering why? Read more at the bottom of this page!
- Sale Items are final sale and not eligible for return or exchange.
- Please mail us your item within 10-14 days.
- The items must be unwashed and unworn.
- There should be no signs of wear, pet hair, etc., to be eligible for an exchange.
- Carefully repackage garments
- Include the original packing slip in your package. If you do not have the original packing slip, include a note with your name, order number, and shipping address. Packages returned to us with no sender information cannot be processed.
- Add a note indicating your preference for store credit / exchange. If exchanging, please indicate the new size/color you'd like to receive.
- Create a shipping label: You can print a USPS label online or label the package yourself. Drop it off at the post office or pop it in your mailbox! Please ship it to:
Conscious Clothing Returns
5104 7 Mile Rd.
Belmont, MI 49306
- At this time, we do not offer free return shipping. It is one way we have kept our prices stable in the midst of rising costs and inflation!
Wait patiently for your return to be processed! You’ll get an e-mail when your item has arrived at our studio and receive store credit. In the case of a direct exchange, we will add the item to production and notify you with new tracking information when it ships!*All of our items are handmade - including exchanges. Please allow 3-5 weeks for exchange orders to ship. Thank you for shopping slow fashion.
First and foremost, this policy is based on our desire for sustainability at every level of our business model. Fast fashion and overnight shipping encourage mindless purchasing decisions and instant gratification. This is not environmentally or economically sustainable. This exchange policy reduces expenses and reduces emissions.
We want you to slow down and make informed decisions about the products you purchase - consider the longevity of the style, the durability of the materials, and the ethical practices used in making this product.
We want you to connect with what you purchase, from the hands that mill the fabric to the ones sewing the garment to the ones answering your emails. We practice ethical, sustainable procedures in every part of our work, and we encourage you to incorporate similar values and processes into your purchasing decision.
We offset our carbon footprint by planting a tree for every order - including exchange orders. Learn more about our sustainability efforts here.